Tuesday, September 23, 2014

A new journey awaits...

A lot of things have changed in the last few months. Summer was fun this year. I enjoyed the time spent with my family and friends from church. There is nothing like the hot days of summer on the lake, drinking sweet tea on the front porch, having grill outs with family, lounging in the sun chair and gazing at the moon and stars at night. Those are the moments that I take in. Thinking about summertime (my favorite time of year), always takes me back to my childhood. I remember the early morning smell of the summer air and fresh cut grass, accumulating dirt stains on my clothes throughout the day, getting splinters in my hand from climbing up trees, playing in the creek, finding turtles, frogs, picking up those bright orange lizards, cuddling with the kittens, riding my bicycle all over the community and swinging in the tire swing. Hours later, my tummy would growl and then it was time for supper. I was your typical picky child. Hold the greens and pass me the chicken. 

As the years go by, summertime is more of a reflection period. It never leaves. Reminiscing of the good ole days, I am thinking to myself 'what was it that I have always wanted to do with myself and who did I want to become?' Even at an early age, I knew I wanted to inspire others in some sort of way. Time goes by, trying to search for my calling and purpose, I received such a humbling prophecy in church toward the end of summer. God used my pastor then informed me to pick up a pen and start writing because there are 3 books that will need written. I was overwhelmed yet relieved. After many months to years, a prayer has been answered. 


Earlier in the year while writing papers for Religion 101 in college, writing was more than just a work in itself but it was my God-given talent that I failed to grasp. Subconsciously, I even told my husband that I would like to write a book one day. Writing this 'book' just wasn't in my full awareness. If it had not been for the Lord, I would still be in the dark about my future. Today I am very thankful for the message I received from God and very excited to begin this journey and share it. And whatever form or fashion, I pray that it touches you and inspires you.


With all of this being said, I have become a little more aware of my surroundings, senses, desires, hopes, dreams and who I am in Christ. I have learned a lot of things within the last 6 weeks and still have more to go. The journey will be worth it. I'm ready, good or bad. This is just the beginning of what is to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment at your own risk ... lol =)